The intent of these projects are to resurface 11 miles of SR 85 (South Ferdon Boulevard) from north of SR 123 (Roger J. Clary Highway) to Hospital Drive. Improvements along the corridor include:
SR 85 improvements include:
• Adding a sidewalk with pedestrian lighting on the west side from PJ Adams Parkway to Mirage Avenue.
• Extending southbound right-turn at Mirage Avenue.
• Adding a continuous northbound right-turn lane from Hugo Lane to Hospital Drive, a continuous southbound right-turn lane from Rasberry Road to John King Road, and a eastbound right turn lane on Antioch Road to SR 85.
• Shifting the left-turn lanes for safety improvements at Antioch Road.
• Closing the full median opening at Southcrest Drive/Cracker Barrel Road and adding a directional median opening.
• Drainage improvements are included throughout the project.
• Signalization improvements at John King Road and Mirage Avenue.
I-10 improvements include:
• Adding a second northbound left-turn lane to the westbound ramp and widening the ramp to accommodate receiving vehicles from the second left-turn lane. Also, adding a free-flow right-turn lane on the eastbound off ramp.
• Extending the southbound left-turn at the eastbound ramp and the northbound left-turn at the westbound ramp.
• Signalization improvements at westbound and eastbound ramps.
No additional right-of-way is needed. Bids for construction will be received winter 2021.
441548-1-52-01: SR 85 (South Ferdon Boulevard) from north of SR 123 (Roger J. Clary Highway) to north of Interstate 10
443672-1-52-0: SR 85 (South Ferdon Boulevard) from south of Southcrest Drive to Hospital Drive
Note: All information is preliminary and subject to change without notice.
Data current as of 06/14/2021