FDOT will be replacing the bridge on CR 273 (Orange Hill Road) over Hard Labor Creek (Bridge No. 610034), 6.5 miles east of Wausau, in Washington County. The bridge replacement is currently in the design phase.
The new bridge will be approximately 14’ wider than the existing bridge and will be built along the existing alignment.
• The roadway approaches will be resurfaced to provide a smooth transition.
• There will be drainage improvements and new guardrail installed.
• Gilberts Mill Road will be realigned as part of the improvements.
• Traffic will be transitioned on to a temporary bridge during construction.
• Traffic will be diverted to a temporary on-site diversion.
• An appropriate speed limit during construction will be determined during the design phase.
• There will be weight restrictions on the temporary bridge. Vehicles weighing over 90,000 lbs and cranes will be prohibited.
Note: All information is preliminary and subject to change without notice.
Data current as of 03/10/2022