The FDOT is conducting a Project Development & Environment (PD&E) Study for I-10 from east of the Alabama State line to west of State Road 95 (U.S. 29) in Escambia County, a distance of approximately 9.5 miles. The intent of this project is to widen I-10 from four to six lanes from east of the Alabama State line to west of US 29 and reconstruct the interchanges at Nine Mile and Pine Forest roads as diverging diamonds interchanges.
This study is being developed concurrently with a separate study for the Beulah Road (County Road 99) Interchange Project (FPID 433113-1); therefore, the project has been divided into two segments:
- Segment 1: I-10 from west of the Pensacola Weigh Station to east of Nine Mile Road;
- Segment 2: I-10 from east of Nine Mile Road to west of US 29
PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
- Public Alternatives Meeting: February 4, 2020
- Virtual Public Update: March 9, 2021
- Hybrid Public Hearing: April 6, 2021
- PD&E Study Complete- Summer 2021
The public meeting and hearing focused on the limits of analysis from west of the Pensacola Weigh Station to west of US 29.
Seg 1 & 2 are funded for design in FY 2025. Right of Way nor construction are funded at this time.
Note: All information is preliminary and subject to change without notice.
Data current as of 08/05/2021