The intent of the project is to resurface 6.9 miles of US 98 (Panama City Beach Parkway) from the Walton County line to Heather Drive. Design improvements include:
- Constructing a 10-foot multi-use path on the south side and a six-foot sidewalk on the north side, both with lighting
- Adding a concrete barrier wall to continue the sidewalk across the eastbound bridge over Lake Powell
- Constructing left-turn lanes in both directions at Palm Beach Drive, Dolphin Drive and Gulf View Drive
- Constructing eastbound left-turn lanes at Gainous Road and Twin Lakes Drive
- Constructing westbound left-turn lanes at Marlin Avenue and Lahan Boulevard
- Constructing eastbound right-turn lanes at Camp Helen State Park, Le Grand Drive, Twin Lakes Drive, Christmas Tree Lane, Kelly Street, Lahan Boulevard, Cobb Road and the Front Beach Road signalized intersection
- Constructing westbound right-turn lane at Lake Powell Drive
- Upgrading pedestrian features at the Front Beach Road signalized intersection to meet current Americans with Disabilities Act standards
No additional right-of-way is needed. Bids for construction will be received spring 2021.
Note: All information is preliminary and subject to change without notice.
Data current as of 04/26/2021