The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is resurfacing and improving a 6.9-mile segment of U.S. 98 (Panama City Beach Parkway), from the Walton County line to Heather Drive in Bay County.
PLANNED IMPROVEMENTS INCLUDE CONSTRUCTING:
• A 10-foot multi-use path on the south side
• A six-foot sidewalk on the north side
• A concrete barrier wall to continue the sidewalk across the eastbound bridge over Lake Powell
• Left turn lanes in both directions at:
*Palm Beach Drive *Dolphin Drive *Gulf View Drive
• Eastbound left turn lanes at:
*Gainous Road *Twin Lakes Drive
• Westbound left turn lanes at:
*Marlin Avenue *Lahan Boulevard
• Eastbound right turn lanes at:
*Camp Helen State Park *Le Grand Drive *Twin Lakes Drive
*Christmas Tree Lane *Kelly Street *Lahan Boulevard *Cobb
• Westbound right-turn lane at:
*Lake Powell Drive
The project also includes removing the current slip lane, which allows U.S. 98 eastbound traffic to connect to Front Beach Road and bypass the signalized intersection. To replace it, a new eastbound right turn lane will be added with upgraded pedestrian features to meet current Americans with Disabilities Act standards.
Note: All information is preliminary and subject to change without notice.
Data current as of 03/31/2022