The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) will install overhead Dynamic Message Signs (DMS) in Santa Rosa and Okaloosa counties at these locations:
• US 98 East - west of Tiger Point Boulevard in Gulf Breeze
• US 98 West - west of Bay Woods Road in Gulf Breeze
• SR 281 South (Avalon Boulevard) at Porpoise Road in Garcon Point
• SR 293 South at SR 20 in Niceville
The new DMS are part of FDOT’s Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) in Northwest Florida. ITS uses a platform of advanced technologies to deliver real-time visual and statistical data to traffic management centers (TMC). The Northwest Florida SunGuide Center in Pensacola will monitor the data to relay messages and updates to the new DMS.
Project Benefits Include:
• Real-time, traffic updates for drivers
• Delivery of important information affecting travelers
• Shoulder closures
• Nighttime lane closures after 9 p.m.
• Expect minor travel delays
Note: All information is preliminary and subject to change without notice.
Data current as of 2/28/2019