The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) will begin construction activities on State Road (S.R. 189) from S.R. 4 to the Alabama State line in Okaloosa County. The improvements provided by this construction are:
• Milling and resurfacing.
• Widening the northbound left turn lane at Red Barrow Road.
• Widening the southbound left turn lane at County Road 2A.
• Replacement of expansion joints on Narrows Creek Bridge and Dry Ford Branch Bridge.
• New signage and pavement markings.
• Minor drainage improvements.
• Motorists should expect intermittent daytime and nighttime lane restrictions.
• No lane closures at S.R. 4 and Holloway Road during active school periods Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. and from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
• From March 30 to September 30, no lane closures from 6 a.m. Friday to 8 p.m. Sunday.
• Motorists are urged to observe the posted speed limit and use caution when appro
Note: All information is preliminary and subject to change without notice.
Data current as of 01/27/2021.