FDOT will begin work to resurface US 98 (E. Chase Street) from Palafox Street to State Road 196 (Bayfront Parkway) in Escambia County. Planned improvements include:
• Milling and resurfacing
• Sidewalk reconstruction
• Pedestrian upgrades at traffic signals.
• Railroad work at Taragonna Street.
• New signage and pavement markings.
Lane closures will take place from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. seven days a week. Other traffic impacts include:
• On-street parking between N. Palafox Street and I-110 will not be permitted during milling and paving operations.
• Traffic will be temporarily detoured around rail replacement work at Taragonna Street.
• Activities that will be performed with NO lane closures will take place during daytime.
Note: All information is preliminary and subject to change without notice.
Data current as of 1/8/2019