The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is conducting a Project Development and Environmental (PD&E) Study for SR 79 from the I-10 interchange to the Alabama state line. The PD&E Study is being conducted by FDOT and will examine the corridor, which is an emerging Strategic Intermodal System (SIS) Highway. The study will investigate the following: capacity improvements along SR 79 from SR 8 (I-10) to the Alabama state line; analyze all major intersections to evaluate potential capacity needs and improve operations; a potential bypass around the City of Bonifay; and evaluate the social, economic and environmental effects of the alternatives.
The PD&E Study process involves the following tasks: data collection; public involvement; engineering analysis; environmental evaluations; state and federal agency coordination; and compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
• Public Kickoff Meeting in March 2016
• Alternatives Public Meeting (Bonifay focused) in November 2016
• Alternatives Public Meeting held in September 2017
• Public Hearing held in September 2018
Status: PD&E Phase 4
• 433590-1 S.R. 8 (I-10) to Alabama- PD&E: Underway.
• 433590-2 S.R. 8 (I-10) to S.R. 10 (US 90)- PD&E: Underway. Design: Funded for FY 2021. R/W: Funded for FY 2025, 2026, 2027. Construction and CEI: Unfunded.
• 433590-3 S.R. 10 (US 90) to Creek Rd.- PD&E: underway. No capacity improvements.
• 433590-4 Creek Rd. to Baxter Rd.- PD&E: underway. No capacity improvements.
• 433590-5 Baxter Rd. to Alabama- PD&E: underway. No capacity improvements.
• 433590-6 S.R. 79 @ S.R. 2 Intersection- PD&E: Underway. Design: Unfunded. R/W: Unfunded. Construction/CEI: Unfunded.
Note: All information is preliminary and subject to change without notice.
Data current as of 6/6/2019