The purpose and need of this study was to provide increased capacity and improved safety to an existing two-lane, rural minor arterial in Santa Rosa County. The project addressed future projected traffic and design deficiencies on an established emergency hurricane evacuation route. The project limits include the intersection of SR 87 South and Bent Tree Road, westward to the intersection of SR 10 (US 90) and Glover Lane, and northwardly to the intersection of SR 87 North and Southridge Drive in Santa Rosa County, Florida.
Preferred “Build’ Concept:
Adjusted Alternative 2 was the selected alternative and will provide a new roadway (2-lane interim; 4-lane build-out) to connect SR 87 South and SR 87 North. The selected alternative will require bridging over both the Blackwater River and Clear Creek, as well as a crossing of a CSX railroad on the south end of the project. A multi-use trail will be provided adjacent to a portion of the new roadway to effectively complete the connection of the Blackwater Heritage State Trail with the Historic SR 1 Trail.
• Public Kickoff Meeting – March 23, 2010
• Public Corridor Meeting – January 27, 2011
• Public Alternatives Workshop – August 16, 2011
• Public Hearing – November 13, 2014
Status: PD&E Study complete October 2016.
The project has been divided into the following segments for future funding of design and construction:
• 416748-3: From intersection of SR 87 South and Bent Tree Road to intersection of SR 10 (US 90) and Glover Lane
Design: Funded FY 2019. R/W: Unfunded. Construction: Unfunded.
• 416748-4: From intersection of SR 10 (US 90) and Glover Lane to the intersection of SR 87 North and Southridge Drive
Design: Unfunded. R/W: Unfunded. Construction: Unfunded.
Email email@example.com for questions concerning this study.
Note: All information is preliminary and subject to change without notice.
Data current as of 05/03/2021.