This project reconstructs the interchange to address future capacity, operations, and safety issues. Major project components include.
1) Construct six new mainline lanes on I-10 through the center of the interchange (requires 6 bridges)
2) Convert existing I-10 mainline bridges to serve as proposed ramps.
3) Remove the eastbound I-10 mainline bridges to serve as proposed ramps.
4) Construct extended two-lane ramps east of the interchange.
5) Replace the existing North Palafox Street and CSX bridges to provide room for the extended ramps on I-10
6) Modify the intersection of Diamond Dairy Road at US 29 to allow access to the eastbound and westbound I-10 ramps from Diamond Dairy Road.
7) Construct stormwater ponds. Design:
Complete - Right of Way: Ongoing (FY 2021-2023) - Construction: Letting in June 2023
Note: All information is preliminary and subject to change without notice.
Data Current as of 04/05/2022