The Florida Department of Transportation is conducting a Project Development and Environment (PD&E) study (220635-2, 220635-4) to analyze the existing characteristics, evaluate the community needs and impacts, and develop proposed conceptual improvements for SR 20 from Cat Mar Road in Okaloosa County to east of SR 79 in Washington County.
The intent of the study is to address capacity and safety issues along this portion of SR 20, with a secondary purpose of improving regional mobility. During the study, 4-lane alternatives, intersection improvements, and bicycle/pedestrian enhancements will be developed, and potential environmental impacts documented.
1. Address capacity and regional mobility along SR 20.
2. Provide multi-modal features such as; bike lanes and sidewalks where appropriate.
3. Enhance roadway safety
4. Minimize social and environmental impacts.
Status: PD&E Phase 2
• 220635-2 (Walton County) Okaloosa CL to Washington County- PD&E underway. Design: unfunded. R/W: Not funded. Const/CEI: unfunded.
• 220138- (Okaloosa County) Cat Mar Road to Walton CL- PD&E: Underway. Design: unfunded.
• 220635-4 (Washington County) Walton CL to East of SR 79- PD&E: underway. Design: Funded for FY 2022. R/W: unfunded.
Note: All information is preliminary and subject to change without notice.
Data current as of 6/6/2019