FDOT is conducting a Project Development and Environment (PD&E) study to analyze existing characteristics, evaluate community and stakeholder needs and impacts, and develop proposed conceptual improvements for SR 85 (South Ferdon Boulevard) from SR 123 to Mirage Avenue, just north of Interstate 10.
The intent of the study is to address capacity and safety issues along this portion of SR 85 and study the effect of potential improvements on regional mobility. During the study, conceptual alternatives will be developed. These alternatives will include additional roadway capacity, intersection improvements, interchange improvements, and bicycle/pedestrian improvements. Potential environmental impacts associated with the alternatives will also be analyzed and documented.
• Alternatives Meeting - April 23, 2020
• Public Hearing - Spring 2021
• PD&E Study Complete - Summer 2022
Funding: This project has been divided into the following segments for future funding of Design, Right-of-Way and Construction.
- SR 123 to McWhorter Avenue: Design - funded FY 22; R/W - unfunded; Construction - unfunded
- McWhorter Avenue to PJ Adams Pkwy: Design - funded FY 22; R/W - unfunded; Construction - unfunded
- PJ Adams Pkwy to I-10: Design - funded FY 22; R/W - unfunded; Construction - unfunded
Note: All information is preliminary and subject to change without notice.
Data current as of 01/15/2020.