This project is needed to improve capacity, operational, and multi-modal issues on SR 292 (Sorrento Road/Gulf Beach Highway) from SR 727/ Fairfield Dr. to SR 295/Navy Blvd. in Escambia County. This project will implement an alternative that will "best fit" on the existing alignment, accommodate on street parking and provide multi-modal solutions. This roadway is currently operating at an unacceptable Level of Service (LOS), LOS F and has a crash rate higher than the statewide average to similar type roadways.
The study will investigate the following:
• Widening the existing corridor from two (2) to four (4) lanes.
• Enhancing multi-modal features such as bicycle lanes, sidewalks, and transit features.
• Increasing roadway safety.
• Minimizing environmental and social impacts due to the above improvements.
• Public Alternatives Meeting – Summer 2019
• Public Hearing – April 2020 Funding: 218493-2 (S. Fairfield Dr. to Navy Blvd.)- PD&E funded $474K
Note: All information is preliminary and subject to change without notice.
Data current as of 1/29/2020